Saturday 16 March 2013

Kiehl's NEW Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream; Estee Lauder Cyber White BB Cream, Skin79 Diamond Prestige BB Cream Comparison

I recently bought the new BB Cream from Kiehl's: The Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream so this entry will be dedicated to reviewing this BB cream, and also to compare this with my other favourite BB Creams from Estee Lauder and Skin79.

Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream


This new product from Kiehl claims that it will correct skin tone irregularities with 82% of the users saw reduced visible skin discolouration, so I decided to give a go.

The BB Cream comes with 3 colours: Fair, Light, and Natural. It contains Vitamin C and the good thing is it comes with SPF 30 PA+++. I normally prefer SPF protection of under 35 or so, which is perfect if you go to work everyday and don't stand in the sun all the time. SPF 50 is TOO MUCH and I think it's only good for beach time, therefore Diorsnow BB cream wasn't my choice.

After trying on all 3 colors, I picked FAIR. At first I thought Light was good for me since my skin isn't the fairest of the fairs nor palest, but the Light reacts on my skin and turns out to be quite dark.

So here is the product! Comes in 30ml, small white tube:



The size is quite handy for daily use, to put it in your makeup bag or little handbag :)

The swatch: As I tried on my hand a tiny bit


Then gently spread it


And finally fully blend it out


You can tell the area I applied it and the area I did not.

What I like:

- Brightens up your skin complexion: 7/10
- Whitening - this is the lightest shade so I guess people with extremely fair skin will have trouble finding the right one: 6/10
- Hydrating - doesn't settle into fine lines or dry patches, goes on smoothly after moisturiser: 9/10
- Not too expensive: I got this 30ml for $28-ish so that's reasonable, as compared to my Estee Lauder 30ml BB cream which was around $50-60

What I do not like:

- The smell...isn't too refreshing
- Coverage is quite poor! In my opinion did not really even my skin tone... 3/10
- Goes away easily with water, so if you sweat a bit...gone!

So in the end it's worth a try. I find it a very light BB Cream to use daily so don't feel too heavy/uncomfy and it doesn't give you that I'm-wearing-makeup feeling. Many people could not tell I'm wearing it! :)

Now for the other 2 favourite BB creams of mine!

Estee Lauder CyberWhite Brilliant Cells Extra Intensive BB Cream


Such a long name!
Now I'm a bit biased to this BB Cream since I'm a heavy user of Estee Lauder skincare products. Estee Lauder seems to be extremely compatible to my skin. I also chose this BB Cream for its SPF protection of 35 PA+++ and also I got the 30ml/1oz one, although they come in 50ml as well.



How it goes on my skin:


Compared to Kiehl's, it has more brightening and whitening effect. The product is also very very hydrating. I've been using this for quite a few months and my skin feels great.

This one doesn't provide much coverage either (6/10). However if your skin doesn't have too much imperfection/ discolouration then this would be great.

The smell is gentle, not detectable <3

Now if you're looking for coverage then this would be the one:

Skin79 - Diamond the Prestige BB Cream


I chose this one over the hot pink one since it is less heavier, not too thick and sufficient coverage.
This one is suitable for fairer/paler skin, or great for Asians who are looking for products to whiten their skin up.


 As you can see, a tiny amount can do a lot of coverage and whitening.
This product is considerably cheap compared to the other two.

However it is very drying so I don't use it often.

Hope you guys found this useful :) And feel free to drop me any questions!

<3<3<3

3 comments:

  1. I have never used BB cream, will have to try it out now :)

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better for your skin & reduce aging probs too :) since it's like a tinted moisturiser ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is very unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from.
    Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this
    blog.


    reviews on muscle

    ReplyDelete