Sunday 5 May 2013

Too Faced: Anti-crease Eye Shadow Primer & 'Natural Eye' Eye Shadow Palette Reviews

Hi girls,

Today's post will be the review of the 2 recent products I just bought online. These two are getting very popular in the US so I thought I would give them a try!

1. Too Faced Anti-crease Eye Shadow Primer - 'Shadow Insurance'


This product claims to make the eye shadows last longer, and the colours more intense (i.e. the colours appear truer without the need to apply heaps of them on).

This product costs around AUD $18 for an 11g tube. When you squeeze it out from the tube, the liquid is beige and odorless. I thought it would actually go on your eyelid as beige, but it turns out to be transparent so that's all good!

I really REALLY LIKE this product! It actually enhances the colours and makes them last so much longer.

I tested this out by doing one eye with primer, and one without. Then I used a cotton ball and wipe the make-up from both eyes  (with water only, not make-up remover). To my surprise, the one with primer still holds the make-up well!


As you might notice, the right one (my left one) still has some shades there.

I would totally buy this again when I run out of the product :D

2. Too Faced: Natural Eye - Neutral Eye Shadow Collection


 

I've been waiting to try this out for so longgggg but it's been so hard to find a place that actually sells it in Sydney! Thank god I found it finally, shipping is around $5 so that's not too bad! XD




They also include 3 cards with 3 makeup styles as a guide for you. The 3 styles are Day, Classic and Fashion, corresponding with the 3 lines in the palette.

This Palette includes the very-easy-to-use colours both for day time and night time, very natural and neutral just like its name...that's why I chose this one.




Was so excited to try it out!


So I tried out the 3 styles.


Day



 



All colours are matte. 'Velvet Revolver' didn't show much. My favourite is 'Heaven'

Classic



 





'Silk Teddy' goes one smoothly, looks good on photos since it catches light. However for day time use, this might be a bit too much for me...extremely shiny.

'Push-up' and 'Erotica' go perfectly together. I would use this for night time :)


Fashion



 






This one is quite similar to the Classic Look. However it's so much softer. Again I'm not a fan of 'Nude Beach'. It looks heaps nice, but applying it on evenly is quite a pain, and it doesn't look like the colour it's supposed to be...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE 'Honey Pot' and 'Cocoa Puff'!!!! These colours are soooo easy to use and yet so vibrant. 'Honey Pot' goes only smoothly and nicely as a perfect golden shade, and 'Cocoa Puff' suits this golden shade absolutely.



My final verdict:


My Favorites would be 'Heaven', 'Push-Up', 'Sexspresso', 'Honey Pot', and 'Cocoa Puff'. You can create emany looks with these 5.


I would definitely recommend this palette to any friends out there who's after neutral eye shadows. I use these colors nearly everyday so I'm very happy with this palette.


I love the cute packaging, and this palette fits perfectly in my handbag (unlike the Naked palette I bought previously...). I prefer this one over the Chanel and Dior quad eye shadows since you can create more look, it's cheaper, and the quality isn't much different.


Feel free to drop me any questions below and I will help you answering them if I can!


Thanks for reading and hope this helps :)


xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment